Our Small Group/Bible Study/Fellowship Group/Home Group (what do you call them?) tries to meet once a week. We are currently in between studies. We had a fantastic time going through the Love and Respect dvd series and then we did a 5 week study by Ray Vander Laan. I’m not sure what we’re going to settle upon next.
This is how we spent tonight’s small group:
1) Snacks (always key) – fresh carrots, homemade chocolate chip cookies, hot cider, pretzels and Breton crackers.
2) Worship – Ray led us in an amazing time of singing and prayer. All of the children joined us (the family room was FULL of people) for the singing. What a blessing to have a skilled worship leader in our midst.
3) Memory Verses – the group is trying to add scripture memory work to our lives. Each week everyone is encouraged to memorize three verses. When we come together in group, there is time to recite the verses (and receive applause, of course). When the children in AWANA show up their parents, you know it’s time to start memorizing!
4) Thanksgiving Sharing – Ray ended our worship time with some discussion of Thanksgiving memories.
5) Scum – One couple left but the rest stayed to play cards. What fun!
It was a good night and I’ll leave you with one of my verses.
“He who loves discipline, loves knowledge but he who hates correction is STUPID.” Proverbs 12:1.
I think finding a verse with the word “stupid” in it is rather unique and should be immediately memorized.
Next week is Thanksgiving – look how the holidays gallop along. If you’re in a small group Bible study, I’d love to hear what all you’re studying. We take any and all ideas. Thanks!