Time for some summer discussions. How do you deal with boredom among your children during the hot, lazy summer months? Rocks in My Dryer is encouraging everyone to share their greatest and latest tips. I have a few thoughts but am hoping for more inspiration. Here’s what I have so far:
1) Buy a Costco-sized pack of toilet brushes – hand them out at the first sound of the word Bored.
2) Give each child a toothbrush and a single paper towel and instruct them to wash and detail the minivan.
3) Pull everything out of their closet, pile it on the bed and tell them not to come out of their room until it is organized and back in order.
4) Find a stack of instruction manuals for various household appliances and assign Book Reports.
5) Open the doors and windows, put on your favorite Broadway show (NOT any of the High School Musical films) and blast the volume high.
You can see we know about FUN in our house. Anything else I’m missing? More ideas waiting for you at Rocks in My Dryer.